Days after Walt Disney World announced that the Disney Springs dining and shopping district would partially reopen on May 20, Universal Orlando has confirmed that its CityWalk district will emerge from the COVID-19 closure and resume limited operations as of 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 14.
The reopening of Universal Orlando’s CityWalk will start on May 14 with a select number of venues operating from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Select full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations that will reopen include Red Oven Pizza Bakery, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside seating and Lone Palm area only), Voodoo Doughnut and Auntie Anne’s. Each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available.
Universal Studios Store, Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company’s retail shop and select merchandise carts will be open, as well as Hollywood Drive-In Golf. Additional venues may be added over time and hours of operations are subject to change.
Universal says they will be screening guests and team members, encouraging social distancing, and requiring everyone to wear a face covering. Capacity at venues will be limited and cleaning and disinfection procedures will be more aggressive. Specifically:
- Team members will undergo temperature checks and will wear face coverings.
- Universal will implement temperature checks for each guest upon arrival. If a guest has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, they will not be able to enter CityWalk.
- Universal will require guests to wear face coverings during their visit. Face coverings will be available for purchase at cost.
- Each venue will limit capacity to help enforce social distancing, and all chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well.
- Cashless payments will be available at all venues, and self-parking will be complimentary.
Universal Orlando guests are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines and conduct temperature checks prior to arrival and evaluate their own risk as they determine whether to visit. Universal specifically recommends older adults or individuals at high-risk with severe underlying medical conditions not visit at this time.
Universal Orlando’s theme parks and hotels, as well as Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk Hollywood, remain closed through at least May 31.
For all there is to see and do at Universal Orlando, check out The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando. If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to our YouTube channel and sign up for our newsletter here. Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.