Our thoughts are with all those impacted by Hurricane Ian. We send our prayers to all in the path of this storm. As Ian is now churning towards Florida, the following theme parks and area attractions are closed until further notice.
- Walt Disney World Parks will close on September 28th and 29th. This includes:
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park (Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is currently closed for the season.)
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf
- Fantasia Gardens
- Fairways Miniature Golf
- Disney Springs. There will be no performances of Cirque du Soleil’s show Drawn to Life through September 29th.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will temporarily close Wednesday, September 28th, through Friday, September 30th, due to the weather. Disney is contacting guests with current and upcoming reservations.
- Walt Disney World Transportation stopped operating on Tuesday night, September 27th, after Disney Springs and the Walt Disney World theme parks closed.
- The Grand Floridian Spa will close at noon Wednesday, September 28th.
- Special Events: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom has been canceled for Thursday, September 29th. Effective immediately, Disney will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
- Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue have been canceled for September 28th through September 30th in light of the temporary closure of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Pre-paid reservations will automatically be canceled and refunded. Check up on Walt Disney World updates here. The Tuesday, September 27th, and Thursday, September 29th Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel experience is canceled. Guests with reservations for these dates are asked to please call (407) 939-5209 for help with modifying their plans.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex is closed through September 29th.
- Universal Orlando: Due to Hurricane Ian, all Universal Orlando Theme Parks, including CityWalk and Volcano Bay, are closed on September 28th and 29th. Halloween Horror Nights will NOT take place on those two days as well. For more information and refund policies, check here. Universal Orlando anticipates reopening the parks and HHN on Friday, September 30th, conditions permitting.
- The Disney Cruise Line The September 30th sailing of the Disney Wish has been canceled. Here is a link to the latest DCL weather update.
- SeaWorld and Discovery Cove are closed on September 28th and 29th. For more information, visit the website.
- Aquatica Orlando is closed on September 28th and 29th. Check the website for updates.
- LEGOLAND and Peppa Pig Park are also closed on September 28th and 29th.
- Busch Gardens Tampa is closed now through September 29th. Find more information here.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is closed. Check for updates here.
While the hurricane is impacting the vacations of many visitors, we want to give a shout-out to all the cast members at all parks and venues and encourage guests to reach out to them. They are also worried about their loved ones. Know they are doing everything possible to make your stay magical under these difficult circumstances.
Map courtesy of National Hurricane Center
- National Hurricane Center
- Orlando Sentinel Hurricane Information page
- Visit Orlando Hurricane updates
- Website of the Governor of Florida